UST boys now and then


                                                                 Happy to serve

                                                                    Yipee!

                                                              UST boys serving at the Feast

Former and present Tomasian meets and serves at the Warmth Ministry


Mostly women and kids are the ones greeting us once we enter the vicinity of PICC Feast. We rarely see men who greet enthusiastically, smile gently, and extend their arms to give the weekly Bulletin to our attendees. That made Lark Guillermo Tejano, 20 years old and EmmanuelEncarnacion, 53 years old different from the rest. It was unknown to the both of them that they’re from University of Sto. Tomas (U.S.T.) not until the interview took place. Lark, Behavioral science student and will graduate this 2013 was surprised to know that Bro. Emmanuel is an Economic Graduate, Batch 1978 from the same school. Within the gaps of time and age that these 2 brothers and servants have—they have one similarity, aside from being Tomasians, theyare deeply inlove with God. Lark said, “There is heaven and I found it here in my heart.” While Bro. Emmanuel added, “I’ll never stop loving God as He does to me.” Let’s find out how their service made them love God deeply.


Life that has no purpose until he serves at The Warmth Ministry

Lark Guillermo Tejano, better known as Lark, joined the Light of Jesus community when it was still in Camp Aguinaldo in 2006. He went there with his family, but on the fourth and fifth years, his attendance fluctuated until he stopped attending. For the years that he was absent in the community, he felt empty and his life was without purpose, but when he returned June of last year, he revived his sense of fulfillment and purpose as he joined the Warmth Ministry. He said, “The warmth and openness of servants here wants me to serve more.”Before he was unaware of God’s transformation in his life, but now he’s starting to realize that he’s growing, learning and meeting new friends. He admit that he’s still a work in progress and as he’s thinking to inspire others. Hedoes it by being a nice, creative and witty greeter to the attendees. He’s also thinking of ways to be more accommodating with other servants and attendees.

He also said “I wake up every morning with a purpose. Even if I’m doing small, I know that it’s part of something big. My small service will make a big difference because I know that it’ll transform me into doing big things for God someday. I also want to contribute in building the UST Campus Feast.”

Before he got easily irritated from others and was unforgiving. Oftentimes, he would have an argument with his parents. But now, he’s learning to control his emotions or he find ways on how to deal with his impatience, like walking outside or playing computer games.



God listens to every prayer and will make it in His appointed time

EmmanuelEncarnacion, mostly servants from the Warmth Ministy called him, Tito Emer.
He joined the Light of Jesus community last May 02, 2011. His very good friend invited him to go here at The Feast. He’s been praying for a spiritual family since 2005, the year when he started reading Our Daily Bread when he finds the book in a dark room, kept and untouched—- he decided to read it until now. He thought that reading the Bible will be enough to maintain a good relationship with the Lord, but he was wrong. He needs a community to fill in the void and emptiness in his heart. His prayer was answered thus he said, “I keep on serving the Lord because I believe that everything will fall into its proper place and His perfect time.” When he was still an attendee, he was the one being inspired by Bro. Bo’s talk. Then he started joining in a Caring Group, attended the Jesus Encounter and I signed up in Warmth and Creatives and Event Ministry. The inspiration that he got from God and His people is the same inspiration that he use to bless others. It’s a domino effect because when he started to serve the Lord, he also inspires others to serve other people too. He added, “Now I feel abundant.The greatest blessing that I receive is the transformation of character, because before I want to die. But now it’s different and I always look forward for my Sunday. Whenever I receive an invitation on Sunday, I gentlyresist it.”


Same as with Lark he’s still a work in progress. The only difference now is on how he deals with his problems or in committing mistakes. If before he tolerated his bad habits, now hesurrenders it in the Blessed Sacrament. He concluded, “I’m praying to keep on serving God, despite of my weaknesses.”


Comments

Popular Posts